Re: 48-Hour Consensus Call: ARIA-DescribedAT & Longdesc

Hi Janina,

I object to the first half of this resolution for several reasons.

1. Longdesc is a useful native HTML attribute in and of itself [1].

2. The resolution is predicated upon ARIA. Linking aria-describedat to
longdesc in this manner is uncalled for and counter-productive to
reinstating longdesc.

3. The PF working group is chartered to specify ARIA. The HTML
Accessibility Task Force is not. The Accessibility TF is not
authorized to confirm or deny ARIA timelines. If the HTML chairs
desire a statement regarding PF's timeline that communication should
come separately and directly from PF.

The task force longdesc resolution requires no reservations or
dependencies. Please revise it to simply state:

RESOLUTION: The Accessibility Task Force reaffirms its support of
Laura's authored CP to reinstate longdesc (Issue-30).

Thank you.

Best Regards,
Laura

[1] aria-describedat may be useful too. I wish Rich and Steve all the
best on it.

--
Laura L. Carlson