Re: Fwd: Web Media Text Tracks Community Group Launched

Hi John,

So, the process that the creation of a Community Group goes through
requires that at least 5 people support their creation. You can see
that for other groups at http://www.w3.org/community/groups/proposed/
.

We've had 5 people support the creation, so we have moved onto the
next stage which is that the group was created. This just happened
minutes before I forwarded the email.

A newly created group doesn't have a chair yet. You can learn more
about the involved processes here:
http://www.w3.org/community/about/tool/#choose-chair . This group
doesn't yet have a chair, but we will propose David Singer to become
the chair once a sufficient number of people have actually joined the
group. Just supporting the creation of the group doesn't make you a
member when it is created - you have to click again to join, so all
these other still have to join.

Essentially we are now giving this group a few days - maybe a week -
before sending out the first email on the mailing list and kick of the
selection of a chair and the first discussions. This is how new it all
is!

Hope this helps.