Re: Action item. definition and use of Clean audio in European television

On May 21, 2011, at 2:39 , Silvia Pfeiffer wrote:

>> I don't think we should (a) stray from normal industry parlance or (b) assume that it's always the speech that is the main program content.
>
> I agree. Since we are talking about a technology that diverges from
> what the industry labels as "clean audio", we should therefore not use
> the same term.

Can you say how you think we are differing from the concept of 'clean audio'?  I agree that the way clean audio is achieved in various systems varies (quite widely) -- e.g. by isolating to a channel or two in some multi-channel environments, but I think we can achieve clean audio in HTML (and we should, and should at least conceive of the labeling for all sorts of conditions, such as high-contrast video).

> Silvia.

David Singer