Re: Second Call for Consensus--Reconfirm Longdesc Decision

On Wed, 18 May 2011 00:49:08 +0200, Janina Sajka <janina@rednote.net>
wrote:

> RESOLUTION:
>  The Task Force supports the Issue 30 Change Proposal at:
>  http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/ChangeProposals/InstateLongdesc

Support (although I expect to check over Silvia's suggestions because I am
likely to support them - following the principle I stated before that I
think we're better having the attribute and resolving further bugs than
starting from a point where we don't have it).

> RESOLUTION:
>  The Task Force supports a Formal Objection escalation should it
> appear that HTML last call is to be published without the longdesc as
> in our supported proposal

I strongly object to this proposal.

There is a resolution of ISSUE-30, and while I agree that resolution was
not the one that should have been reached I don't think that a Last Call
should be held up on a process basis while there is a re-analysis of the
issue. I do not understand how it changes the reality whether the further
analysis takes place as part of last call or not, and some advantages to
having it take place within the context of last call.

cheers

Chaals