Re: Call for consensus on longdesc change proposal

Hello everyone,

Silvia wrote:

> it is much
> too complex for me to say at this stage if I support everything that's
> being said there.
> I'll have to spend some quality time with the document. :-)

One thing to be mindful of is the longdesc proposal's summary [1]. It
is simple, "Include the longdesc attribute as an allowed attribute on
images." The proposal accomplishes this.

We have discussed and debated this proposal for the past three and a
half months. I have tried my very best to listen and modify the
proposal based on feedback and what is most acceptable to all parties,
while keeping core proposal values in tact.

I hope we have unity of purpose basic and basic agreement that will
enable the task force to support this proposal.

Thank you all. Through participating in this consensus process, I have
gained insight into not only others but also into myself.

Best Regards,
Laura

[1] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/ChangeProposals/InstateLongdesc#Summary
--