Re: Moving longdesc forward: Recap, updates, consensus

Laura Carlson, Thu, 5 May 2011 19:13:32 -0500:

*http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/ChangeProposals/InstateLongdesc/SomethingforEveryoneNotEverythingForAnyone

*http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/ChangeProposals/InstateLongdesc/SuggestedAlternativesAreNotViable
> *http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/ChangeProposals/InstateLongdesc/Related
> SolutionsDoNotNegateNeed
> *http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/ChangeProposals/InstateLongdesc/References
>
> Then we would link to those.

Sounds good to me.

> The use case section is core to  the
> argument to reinstate, so it probably not be a good idea remove that.

I'm not sure that it is critical to have then on-page. May be a subpage
with all the use cases, and a direct link to each use case from the
front page? That is mention them from front page, but keep the actual
description on the subpage?

Main thing, from my point of view, is that a) the front page can be
read as meaningful in itself and b) that it is clear that the subpages
are also part of the CP.

Leif