RE: hit testing and retained graphics

For Canvas to be usable as part of HTML5, yes, it will need to
support accessibility. But there may still be additional ways to
achieve that. There are a few additional approaches being explored;
hopefully one of those will bear fruit and you'll see a posting
proposing an alternative approach within the next day or two.

- Judy