RE: Minutes: HTML-A11Y Task Force on 17 February at 16:00Z

>  That statement cuts both ways: if it proves NOT to be the strongest case put forward, then it effectively will establish a significantly higher bar by which the chairs evaluate "new information" in any potential future requests to reopen this issue.

+1

The example I gave during the call was of an issue that was re-opened more than once (in the XML Query WG) because each time "NEW information"  was provided to the Chairs that the previous WG decision was not appropriate.  Eventually the WG found the right solution but it did require re-opening the issue more than once.  I gave this example to counter the perception on the call that the W3C process gave some sort of "single chance" to re-open an issue.

/paulc

Paul Cotton, Microsoft Canada