RE: [media] raising bugs in W3C bug tracker for LC

Maciej Stachowiak wrote:

> Should some of these perhaps be issues for UAAG instead of HTML5? HTML5
> does not generally make requirements on browser UI (other than whatever
> is necessary inside Web content for interop purposes). There are no
> requirements on what built-in media controls look like, for example.
>
> Alternatively, perhaps some of these should have parallel requests for
> appropriate scripting APIs, for the case of custom video controls.

Indeed good points, however our concern is that these requirements be
captured and noted inside the current HTML5 work effort as we continue to
work towards resolution. It has been noted that these issues are not
addressed at all in the current Draft, thus we're working from the
perspective of logging them now before bug cut-off, rather than regretting
not speaking up before Oct. 1.

Requirements to have separate controls for separate audio streams (for
example) is an important consideration, and whether scripted or native in
the UI, need to be accounted for (and appear not to be at this time). We
look forward to working with the larger HTML WG as we work to get this
right.

Cheers!

JF