W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-html-a11y@w3.org > September 2010

Re: Requesting Spec Text Additions

From: Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2010 14:22:57 -0700
Cc: Paul Cotton <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>, "Michael(tm) Smith (mike@w3.org)" <mike@w3.org>, Judy Brewer <jbrewer@w3.org>, HTML Accessibility Task Force <public-html-a11y@w3.org>
Message-id: <6A9F7C25-7D8E-4749-AFEC-C254580DD6B7@apple.com>
To: Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>

On Sep 26, 2010, at 10:05 AM, Sam Ruby wrote:

> On 09/26/2010 12:48 PM, Paul Cotton wrote:
>>>> Mindful that heartbeat releases of HTML 5 specification documentsare
>>>> imminent, we request your guidance on how to proceed.
>> Personally I think this material should be added AFTER the current heart beat publications so as NOT to invalidate the publication resolution passed by the WG.
>> What do others think?
> Invalidate?  The original call for consensus was made before revision 5291 and the final decision was published just before r5471.  We are currently at revision r5513 and counting....
> My preference is still for it to go in now -- or rather, after a brief discussion on public-html.  That being said, I won't object to waiting.

I agree with Sam. If there is rough consensus to add the text, then I don't think it invalidates our resolution to publish.

Received on Sunday, 26 September 2010 21:24:02 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 19:55:44 UTC