Re: Proposal: Add a modal element to html5 to indicate a modal segment of the DOM (modal dialog)

Hi Everett,

I heartily support this, as its a major and common issue for keyboard and
assistive technology users.

you wrote:

"Add a modal element to html5 to indicate a modal segment of the DOM (modal
dialog)"

any reason why it could not be a modal attribute?

bruce wrote: quoting Ian Hickson,

"I’d add it to HTML 5, but there are so many new features already that we
need to wait for the browsers to catch up."

This is not a decision for the editor to make, but if we are concerned about
the load on browser vemdors, we could drop the hidden attribute from HTML5,
which is a new feature that has been stated by the editor being a major boon
to accessibility, but adds little that is not already handled by the use of
CSS display and visibility properties.

regards
SteveF

--