Re: Change Proposal: ISSUE-122 Text Alternatives

Hi Laura,

On Nov 7, 2010, at 5:52 PM, Laura Carlson wrote:

> Hello Everyone,
>
> I've drafted a Change Proposal for ISSUE-122.
> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/ChangeProposals/TextAlternativesIssue122
>
> Ideas for improvement appreciated.

<comment with Chair hat off>

Do you think the approach in this Change Proposal, of removing all specific alt guidance and deferring to WCAG, should be applied to all of the Working Group's drafts, and not just the HTML5 draft itself? The other draft this could currently apply to is "HTML5: Techniques for providing useful text alternatives"

It would be helpful if the Change Proposal made clear whether this is intended. If it's not intended, then it would be helpful to have rationale that explains why the change should apply to only some of our drafts instead of all.

Regards,
Maciej