Re: Requirements for external text alternatives for audio/video

On Mar 26, 2010, at 3:13 PM, Sean Hayes wrote:

> I don't think any exposure of the caption text should be made to HTML. There is afaik no exposure to the pixels of an img, the samples of audio, or the frames of a video.

  It is possible to draw an image or a frame of video into a <canvas> element. It is then possible to read the pixels back out of the canvas, but only if everything drawn into the canvas and the document that owns the canvas have the same origin[1].

eric

http://dev.w3.org/html5/spec/the-canvas-element.html#security-with-canvas-elements