Re: associating a group of related images to a common caption

hi simon,
>Yeah, figure has the same association model as fieldset/legend.

where is the association model articulated? Is there an algorithm?

Does every element within a figure (apart from figcaption) get
labelled by the figcaption?
Or is it only container elements?
what form does the association take? Is it the accessible description?
is it the accessible name?
does it get concatenated with the an alt on an image or the title on
any element contained in the <figure>?

Apologies for the barrage of questions.

regards
stevef