Re: Please Read (was RE: Survey on Media Accessibility Requirements)

On Thu, Jun 3, 2010 at 7:59 AM, Judy Brewer <jbrewer@w3.org> wrote:
> At 12:26 AM 6/2/2010 +1000, Silvia Pfeiffer wrote:
>>
>> <...>
>> We have already in the past collected legal requirements for media
>> accessibility at
>> http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/wiki/Media_TextAssociations_Requirements
>
> FYI, legal requirements for accessibility are constantly evolving. Those
> currently listed here include some rather old sets, for instance they appear
> to include the US Section 508 regulations, circa 2000, ten years ago, which
> is in the process of being updated. I don't believe that they capture all
> the relevant US laws or regs related to media accessibility. And they
> include the UK's DDA, and the Council of the EU's requirements, but not
> those from many other countries. So we should be careful not to imply that
> these are a comprehensive or necessarily up-to-date set of legal
> requirements. I think it's better to work from the lists of user and
> technical requirements that we've been compiling.

If you have any further information on legal requirements, it would be
good to add links to those to that wiki page. Several of us spent some
time getting this information together and it was all we were able to
find. More modern information would be highly appreciated!

Regards,