Re: Media--Technical Implications of Our User Requirements

On Wed, July 14, 2010 2:06 pm, Janina Sajka wrote:
> Eric Carlson writes:
>>
>> On Jul 13, 2010, at 8:51 PM, Janina Sajka wrote:
>>
>>  To me, "synchronize all media representations" means the data file
>> will be used to control the *playback* of the media file. Is this what
>> you intended, or is the data file supposed to be used to allow
>> *navigation* of the media file?
>>
> It has to be achieved somehow, of course. And, however it's achieved,
> whatever alternative media representations are selected must track with
> the default content.

Apologies but I still don't understand what "synchronize all media
representations" means. Does it mean the data file controls playback or
navigation?

> It does also seem to me that the playback control data file should
> contain structural nav points as well. In fact, it seems Ian is trending
> in this direction:
> http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/multipage/video.html#the-track-element

Yes, this is all based on the multi-track stuff Silvia and I wrote earlier
this year.

eric