Re: Change proposal to replace @summary with <details>

Hi Cynthia,

On Tue, Feb 16, 2010 at 10:31 AM, Cynthia Shelly <cyns@microsoft.com> wrote:
> This is my change proposal for replacing summary with details, as we
> discussed on last week's call.  Please put this on the agenda for Thursday.
> http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/wiki/Details_element_as_a_replacement_for_summary_attribute%2C_Feb_15%2C_2010#References

Something to be aware of, consider, and coordinate is HTML ISSUE-93 to
remove the <details> element from HTML5 [1].

Shelley Powers is writing a change proposal for having <details>
removed from the spec [2].

It would be good to get Shelley's rationale for her proposal and input
on your details element as a replacement for summary attribute
proposal [3] as there could be a problem [4].

I have added this comment to the Wiki discussion page of your proposal
[5]. Wiki talk/discussion pages can be used to add notes and interact
with each other and exchange comments and ideas about the page at hand
[6]. Gregory has left a couple of comments too.

Best Regards,
Laura

[1] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/93
[2] http://dev.w3.org/html5/status/issue-status.html#ISSUE-093
[3] http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/wiki/
[4] Details_element_as_a_replacement_for_summary_attribute%2C_Feb_15%2C_2010
[5] http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/wiki/Talk:Details_element_as_a_replacement_for_summary_attribute%2C_Feb_15%2C_2010#HTML_ISSUE-93_remove_the_details_element
[6] http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Help:Talk_page