Re: Call for objections *by 8 Feb*: HTML A11Y Face to Face meeting 6-7 April 2010 in Birmingham, UK

On 17.02.2010 11:18, Martin Kliehm wrote:
> On 16.02.2010 23:35, Michael(tm) Smith wrote:
>> So at some point, we have to try to close discussion about dates
>> and try to just get something pinned down and see how many people
>> can make and decide if we can get a critical mass for a workable
>> meeting on that date or not. So far it seems like the plan for
>> April 6-7 in Birmingham could give us that.
>
> Mike, I totally agree with you. I'm fine with April 6-7 and Birmingham,
> yet it appeared that the date is inconvenient for the British which
> seems like a contradiction. So I just wanted to suggest an alternative
> in early April. Yes, we shouldn't waste too much time before we finally
> pin down a date. Dominique Burger of BrailleNet, who is organizing the
> event on April 12 [1], is checking if a venue would be available on
> April 13-14 in Paris. May I suggest to give him a week for feedback, or
> should be stop searching for better alternatives? I'm fine with either,
> I just wanted to help finding a better place.

As an update, Dominique just confirmed that BrailleNet would be able to
host the meeting on April 13-14 in Paris, either at the UPMC University,
or Cité des Sciences. As far as I see none of the speakers of their
conference is a participant in this Task Force, but Jeanne Spellman is
there. I leave it to your decision if this poses a better alternative,
I'm open for both dates and places. :)

Cheers,
   Martin