Re: [media] handling multitrack audio / video

Hmm... now we just need to throw the alternatives in webm and mp4 as
well as ogg format into this...

Incidentally, according to
http://www.w3.org/TR/2005/REC-SMIL2-20050107/smil-content.html#q5 ,
the <switch> element also just takes the first acceptable element,
which is no different to the way in which <source> works. We probably
would want to redefine that to pick the most appropriate one rather
than the first acceptable one.

I'm hoping we can find a simpler markup though, to be honest.

Right now I am trying to think out of the box - how about considering
something like a manifest file that would simply list all the
available alternatives with their uses similar to a m3u8 file. This
would probably be just for one per format (ogg/webm/mp4) and in would
be nice if the browser decided which one to take.

Silvia.