RE: General Response to the Accessibility Task force on Issues 90, 91, 93, 96, 97

Laura Carlson wrote:

> Thanks to John, Denis, and Gregory for providing more information. It
> is a start to filling in the jigsaw puzzle.
>
> John asked:
>
> > Perhaps you Laura would be interested in taking on this additional
> work?
>
> Sorry, my plate is full. I thought that an action plan was in place as
> the resolution referred to a work item. I and some others questioned
> this on the survey. It was my fear that we would have such a work item
> with no one to actually work on it.

Hi Laura,

The question was not meant to be adversarial BTW, but simply to suggest that
we have numerous items on our collective plate. The question of revisiting
these elements has been recorded (so that the work item won't slip from
view), but realistically we *DO* have larger fish to fry - any potential
problems that these new elements might introduce have not been articulated
to the point where they are deemed critical: Canvas, Video, even your
excellent work on @alt are all significantly more pressing, and we are
moving toward deadline dates as well (like it or not).

If you, or Shelley, or anyone else are significantly concerned that there
might be holes in these new elements then they should step up to the plate
and do something about addressing them - it is not the mandate of the Chairs
of the Task Force to 'assign' work to anyone - this is after-all a volunteer
organization.

JF