Re: Call for Consensus: Proposals from the April 2010 Face to Face meeting

Charles McCathieNevile writes:
> On Wed, 14 Apr 2010 00:44:42 +0400, Michael Cooper <cooper@w3.org> wrote:
>
> >You can abstain by not registering a vote - it is possible to do this
> >even if you vote on other questions on the survey. But then you are
> >essentially voting with the majority. I don't think an explicit
> >"abstain" option is useful, it just confuses the vote results. Michael
>
> There is abstain, and there is concur. It is common in WBS to have
> both options as well as yes or no.

At the end of the day, I'm not sure the difference these make. For a
consensus to be declared, we need a super majority of those voting. Thus, not voting becomes an abstention--but that's not available issue by issue because we lumped these together.

So, I would suggest that if someone wants to abstain from some, but vote
on others, they send email using the link at the top of the WBS,
specifying which they mean to abstain from.

As to concur -- How is that different from yes?

Janina