Re: Call for Consensus: Proposals from the April 2010 Face to Face meeting

On Apr 13, 2010, at 11:46 PM, Charles McCathieNevile wrote:

> On Wed, 14 Apr 2010 00:44:42 +0400, Michael Cooper <cooper@w3.org>
> wrote:
>
>> You can abstain by not registering a vote - it is possible to do this
>> even if you vote on other questions on the survey. But then you are
>> essentially voting with the majority. I don't think an explicit
>> "abstain" option is useful, it just confuses the vote results.
>> Michael
>
> There is abstain, and there is concur. It is common in WBS to have
> both options as well as yes or no.

I agree that having these is useful, if only to make clear to poll
participants how to abstain. I also recognize that it might be hard to
change a poll that is already in progress.

> Also, why are all Shelley's proposals lumped together? It is
> perfectly reasonable to support the resolution for some of them but
> not others.

Anyone who supports the resolution only with respect to some of
Shelley's proposals would presumably object to the TF resolution as
stated, and therefore should vote "no" and explain their disagreement
with part of the resolution in the comment field.

Regards,
Maciej