RE: Getting things to happen Re: is this group alive?

I'm interested in helping and would be happy to reach out with a proposal. What has been your course of action in getting clients on board?

From: remi@hteumeuleu.fr
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2016 08:13:41 +0200
To: Pidgeot18@verizon.net
CC: public-htmail@w3.org
Subject: Re: Getting things to happen Re: is this group alive?

I particularly don't see anyone from Outlook or Gmail here, nor any major mobile clients.
I agree that this is super important to attract these people here. But I'd like to think that "if we build it, they will come". If we can get you guys from Mozilla, Yandex and others to rally around an email standard, I believe others will show interest too. (Microsoft, especially, has shown interest in addressing issues in Outlook http://freshinbox.com/blog/the-outlook-team-reaches-out/) -- Rémi

In practice, one of the biggest stumbling blocks for compatibility is Outlook; nowadays, the major webmail vendors are equally important. I'm not sure if any representatives of those are on this list. My recollection when I first saw the group announced was that the majority of the people who expressed interest were not representative of implementors of clients. Looking at the list of introductions on this list in my archive folder, we have Dave Crocker, myself (I work on Thunderbird), and a Fastmail developer as the list of people who have introduced themselves as people who have actually implemented email clients. I particularly don't see anyone from Outlook or Gmail here, nor any major mobile clients.

--

Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it. -- Donald E. Knuth