Javascript and accessibility

From: Charles McCathie Nevile <chaals@yandex-team.ru>
Date: Tue, 04 Feb 2014 23:09:12 +0400
To: "public-htmail@w3.org" <public-htmail@w3.org>
Hi,

just to note that because email systems generally block javascript,
techniques for construction of content, especially interactive content,
that rely on Javascript should not be used. For example interactions which
rely on ARIA combined with javascript to provide accessibility won't work.

I'm not sure about the support of ARIA in native email clients. In
browsers augmented by assistive technologies it can often be used in the
absence of javascript, although native support in browser interfaces is
generally not so good. If anyone knows more about this, I think it would
be helpful information to collect.

cheers

Chaals