Re: Subject=Re: Parsing Scripts - was Issue #65

From: Geoff McLane <ubuntu@geoffair.info>
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2015 20:02:22 +0100
To: public-htacg-contrib@w3.org
No it probably does NOT effect very many... and as
you point out is a VERY OLD BUG, since LONG before the
2009 release...

As mentioned in my previous post, I will find the
time to review my now OLD patch, update it, and
cut it into Tidy5...

At this time I do NOT see the need for another
configuration option... just give Tidy the ability
to skip over '<', '>' if in a script block, and in
single or double quotes, and even skip comments

And yes, if there is a need for an option, then it
should default on, only offering the ability to
turn it off... but why would you want that given the
MESS Tidy will then generate...

I do hope to get the time to work on this before
5.0.0...

Regards,
Geoff.