Re: [public-houdini] <none>

On Tue, Mar 17, 2015 at 4:48 PM, Ian Vollick <vollick@chromium.org> wrote:

> Sure. I have an API sketch here: http://goo.gl/UoeWz0. It's very rough,
> high-level, and it's changing regularly, but please do feel free to
> comment. I'd appreciate any feedback.

Can you make that public? I think it was, for a moment, and then suddenly
it wasn't :-).

One thing I noticed before I lost access was that it mentions running
UIWorkers on "the compositor thread". I don't think we need to say that
UIWorkers run on the compositor thread, which sounds a bit scary to some
people. For example it would probably work just fine to have UIWorkers
running in a dedicated thread, which feeds prepared frames to a separate
compositor thread, so you can run UIWorkers for frame N while compositing
frame N-1.

Rob
owohooo
oioso