RE: Planning for the Houdini meeting

> From rocallahan@gmail.com:
> I have a feeing that we're underprepared for the meeting that
> starts tomorrow, especially given we don't really have an agenda
> yet.

https://wiki.css-houdini.org/planning/sydney-2015

Each matter (and a few more) have been introduced by a "champion" on this mailing list (and the old one) and the thread that follows could be use a starting point for discussion. But I think you're right one of the first need of the working group would be to evaluate interest on the different matters, to focus on things which have highest chance of coming to live first (but I guess the first meeting will be more about getting everyone on the same page on the different matters).

Because I won't be in Sydney, I can maybe just point out my own personal interests: Style Mutation Observer (wow, such cool, many !important) - Box tree analysis (high) - Rendering html fragments on canvas (high) - Font metrics (moderate) - @extend (undecided, probably between moderate and low) - Extensible CSS Parser (low).

> I think it would be helpful if each of us at least has a clear idea of
> some concrete problems we want to fix, or use-cases we want to
> enable, *plus* some idea, however nebulous, of how we might
> actually solve them.
>
> For myself, I'm interested in making stuff like
> http://gridstylesheets.org/ work better. I hope someone's coming
> who knows more about it than me :-).

My current concerns are somehow similar: I believe authors should be able to create new layout modes, and in particular more efficient ones; my major concern is that, at the very least, we should be able to prototype new css evolutions in javascript, to empower the webdev community.