RE: [whatwg] Splitting CanvasRenderingContext2D

From: whatwg [mailto:whatwg-bounces@lists.whatwg.org] On Behalf Of Ian Kilpatrick

> There are a couple of ways to split up the CanvasRenderingContext2D API,
> namely adding inheritance + [NoInterfaceObject] to superclasses (as to not
> change prototype chain, maybe not a large web compat concern), or to
> create additional interfaces and get *RenderingContext2D to implement.

Split the interfaces seems fine. Since it has no web-visible impact and is just a spec refactoring I anticipate any such change will be quickly LGTMed. In general, we're greatly in favor of any integration points like this we can add to HTML that simply consist of spec refactorings to allow better integration with other specs.

https://github.com/whatwg/html#pull-requests should help get you started!