Re: Removing EME persistent-usage-record "at risk" feature

On Thu, Oct 27, 2016 at 9:12 AM, David Dorwin <ddorwin@google.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 27, 2016 at 9:06 AM, Philippe Le Hégaret <plh@w3.org> wrote:

>>> Ok, so in this case the Editor's Draft at the normal
>>> ED github link will still contain the feature and I suppose becomes
>>> (de facto, but not officially) an ED of V2.
>>>
>>> This is ok for me.
>>>

>> correct.
>

> I think we should keep the gh-pages branch synced to V1 until we figure
> out a plan for VNext. The TR/ version, code, etc. reference this, and it is
> the latest version of the REC-track spec. While it's not clear to me
> whether we can make Type 3 changes (from your other email) in GitHub (but
> not in TR/), if we were to, I would think they would be made in gh-pages.
> I'd also caution against prematurely defining a “V2” before we have a
> clearer idea of how VNext will be developed.

​I don't think PRs reference an Editor's Draft - at least the PRs I could
find do not.

Anyway, whilst we should certainly have two branches, one for the V1 REC
track version and one for the V2 ED version, there is no reason the ReSpec
output for both cannot be in the gh-pages branch so that both have github.io
addresses.

Also, there is a significant difference between "at risk" features removed
from V1 because they did not quite meet the implementation bar but are
expected to soon and entirely new VNext features. We've previously
discussed - with general consensus - that we should move to a more agile
publication cadence, so I expect we will be publishing V2 fairly soon,
wherever we publish it.

...Mark
​