Re: Removing EME persistent-usage-record "at risk" feature

On 10/26/2016 9:10 PM, Mark Watson wrote:
> My question, though, is whether EME V2 should take the form of a
> completely new version of the specification that would (eventually)
> replace the existing one​, or whether we should have a stand-alone
> specification adding the "persistent-usage-record" session type. The
> latter is hard to do without monkey-patching unless we introduce
> explicit extension points.

Hi Mark,

here is what I would recommend we do:

We don't touch the gh-pages branch. Instead, we create a V1 branch for
now and use that one to remove whatever we need to. If folks want to
publish a separate Note for the removed feature, there will always be
time to remove the feature from the gh-pages branch later on.

Paul is ok with this so feel free to move forward if you'd like to.

Philippe