MSE test suite update (was: RE: EME test suite)

Hi all,

Philippe invited me to take a look at the Media Source Extensions spec, so I read the spec, evaluated existing tests, wrote a few additional test cases, and tried to list pending actions. The result is summarized in:
http://tidoust.github.io/media-source-testcoverage/

The "action plan" is my own understanding of what remains to be done, and of whom proposed or seems best positioned to do it:
http://tidoust.github.io/media-source-testcoverage/#action-plan

Do not read too much into the percentages that appear in the "covered" column. They are rough estimations. I did not evaluate SourceBuffer algorithms. They are implicitly checked whenever a test case issues an "appendBuffer" command but a few additional test cases are most likely required to check specific error conditions and more advanced scenarios.

I generated an updated test report with the latest versions of browsers that I have at hand. This report includes the test cases that I submitted so far, which have not yet been reviewed and integrated in the official web-platform-tests repo:

http://tidoust.github.io/media-source-testcoverage/results/all.html
http://tidoust.github.io/media-source-testcoverage/results/less-than-2.html
http://tidoust.github.io/media-source-testcoverage/results/complete-fails.html

In this report:
- CH53 stands for Chrome Canary 53.0.2773.0
- ED14 stands for Edge Insider Preview (Slow) build 14366
- FF49 stands for Firefox Developer Edition 49.0a2

I only have access to Safari for iOS here, and it does not seem to support MSE. Safari for Mac OS should support MSE though and should be added to the report. I'll try to find a Mac around. If anyone wants to give it a try in the meantime and send me the resulting JSON, the test suite I've been using is at:
https://github.com/tidoust/web-platform-tests/tree/media-source
(note it is in the "media-source" branch, not "master")

Note that a number of test files (but not necessarily the test cases within these test files) fail with a timeout in Edge. I think this is because Edge does not yet support resetting the delaying-the-load-event-flag, and thus does not fire the "load" event on window, which testharness uses to detect timeouts, unless "endOfStream()" is called.

I will join the call tomorrow.

Thanks,
Francois.