RE: Generating June 9 working drafts

FYI, I am going out to a business appointment at 5:45pm EDT this evening and will be away from my desk until approximately 9pm EDT.    I would appreciate someone in the PDT zone replying to this message before 9pm EDT (6pm PDT) giving me the current status of each of the specs.

/paulc

From: David Dorwin [mailto:ddorwin@google.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 9, 2016 3:19 PM
To: Mark Watson <watsonm@netflix.com>
Cc: Paul Cotton <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>; Jerry Smith (WPT) <jdsmith@microsoft.com>; public-hme-editors@w3.org
Subject: Re: Generating June 9 working drafts

I am focused on this all day as I have been all week. I agree, I think we will be able to get the major blocking issues addressed. I think review turnaround will be the bottleneck going forward.

I have two outstanding pull requests. The first is fairly large and touches a lot of text, so we should try to land that ASAP to avoid conflicts.

  *   https://github.com/w3c/encrypted-media/pull/238

  *   https://github.com/w3c/encrypted-media/pull/235

Those two PRs address most of #117 and #231, respectively. There is some refactoring to be done to wrap up #117, but that depends on landing #238. The refactoring should be straightforward.

#110 is mostly fixed, but there is some discussion there. I doubt we will reach a conclusion on that today. #233 is essentially an IDL discussion. We could make a change, but I'm not sure we'll have confirmation on the correctness today.

Note: I believe the registry links will be broken unless we land https://github.com/w3c/encrypted-media/pull/213. I provided feedback. Philippe, what is your plan here?