Re: DRM Today-based test case for EME

Hi Greg,

You cannot pass arguments to the tests, or configure the test runner to run
multiple times with different arguments.

You can run multiple tests from one HTML file (WebCrypto has files with
tens of thousands of tests), which is what I originally proposed on June
21st. But there were comments saying we should have one test per HTML file.
Additionally, they tend to time out, so for our tests involving playback
you cannot do too many. At this point we should pick an approach. We only
have a week left.

I was not proposing duplicating all the test code in every HTML file. I was
proposing a JS file which could run any of four versions of the test
(drm|clearkey)x(webm|mp4) and then four HTML files which each basically set
the configuration and call the JS. So, the actual test code would be common
between DRM and ClearKey as you suggest.

What is missing in my proposal is the possibility to test multiple DRMs on
one browser. But we have no browsers that support multiple DRMs, so I
suggest we leave that for another day.

Could I get comments on the Pull Request asap, please. I'd like to devote
some time today to creating more tests following that pattern.

...Mark

>>> Smith (WPT) <jdsmith@microsoft.com>; Philippe Le Hegaret (plh@w3.org) <