Re: DRM Today-based test case for EME

Greg - this makes sense and it would be easy to take the drmtoday test we
have written and make a new clearkey version of that by enhancing the utils
and the config as you describe.

However, we already have a clearkey version of that test in the Google
directory (which uses its own utils). So, doing what you say would increase
the commonality / consistency between the tests, but it wouldn't get us
more tests.

David - the clearkey results are useful information for the implementation
report. Again, as with tests based on polyfills, they validate the API
design, implementability and specification. These are factors in the
decision as well as the current state of commercially useful features in
commercial browsers. We are in the unusual situation of not being able to
just wait until implementations have matured, so this is going to be an
unusual decision.

...Mark