Re: [Agenda] HTML Media Extensions WG Editors meeting, Tue Jul 19

Hi all,

I cannot attend the call tomorrow, and will not be around in the next couple of weeks. A quick update below:

On 15/07/2016 04:39, Paul Cotton wrote:
> Thanks for the update, Matt.
>
> Could others provide a short written summary of what you are working on and what blockers you think we have or where you need others to help?

Regarding MSE testing, as shared on the HTML Media mailing-list, things are starting to look good. See that email for a list of main missing features in implementations:
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-media/2016Jul/0006.html

I corrected tests that failed because they incorrectly truncated the duration of buffered content, which is no longer allowed. This turned a number of cells green. I also imported and converted tests from the Chromium test suite.

New/Corrected MSE tests have not been merged in the Web Platform Tests repository yet. They should first be reviewed by someone else (I see Matt is planning to do so) to ensure I got things right. List at:
https://github.com/w3c/web-platform-tests/pulls?q=is%3Apr+is%3Aopen+label%3Amedia-source

Some edge cases of SourceBuffer algorithms are probably not thoroughly tested. That said, the test suite covers main visible effects of these algorithms, which I hope is good enough.

In short:
1. Outstanding PR on test repo should be reviewed, fixed as needed, and merged.
2. I think the test suite can be viewed as "good enough" after that, although it can certainly be improved.
3. Some features are not yet implemented across browsers. The implementation report should be updated once that is done. I'd be happy to do that once I am back to work.

Thanks,
Francois.