RE: tabulator with clinical data

Tim,

Thanks for your response... Here is the link to the public data which
with Stephen Dobson (Pfizer) has kindly provided us...
http://esw.w3.org/topic/HCLSIG/Drug_Safety_and_Efficacy?
action=AttachFile&do=get&target=DummyDataSDTM.zip

In it are six (4 main) tabular files (as excel docs):
1. demography (dm) - trial subjects
2. experimental design (ex) (along with treatment elemnts and
treatment arms); drug administration can change depednign on the
design arm.
3. vital signs (vs) (taken during clinic visits)
4. Adverse events (ae); negative responses to drugs in trial

The data in CDISC's SDTM format (Study Data Tabulation Model), which
is a tabular form that is supposed to be converted to an XML form
called ODM (not too well implemented). By using RDF, there may be
possible saving for a lot of folks (pharmacueticals, clinics, and
regualtory agencies) in avoiding XML parser-writing grief...

The three key ids used are USUBJID, studyid, visit date (these
probably should all be URIs, and visit date as well); In addition, we
think each "Observation" (AE, VS, or Intervention) should also be a
URI, so that annotations and analyses on them can easily refer to any
study component.

This would also allow looking at the data in different ways: by
person over many visits, across all subjects with similar adverse
events, treatment (arm) type and count of adverse events, etc. Here's
where a good table viewer is VERY important !

We're trying to see how well RDF-OWL works when applied to the STDM
model, and see what additional functionality would now be possible
(e.g., mechanisms of action or toxicity, patient biomarker and
genetic inclusion, classes of drugs and their target proteins). This
kind of information would play a critical role in looking at multiple
studies longitudinally. The other kind of lat/long could be assigned
to clinics where studies are done (subject privacy policies may
constrain doing this with patient info).

-- but be sure to check out CDC's epispider (www.epispider.org) which
seems to use geo locations info in localizing disease surveillance info.

Eric