Re: GlobalPlatform - Trusted Management Framework

On 2017-02-10 15:24, Don Felton wrote:
> Hi Anders and all,

Hi Don,

> Did anyone also post the link to the GlobalPlatform Trusted Management Framework (GP TMF)
 > when it was released last year?

I don't think so.

> While the OTrP people argue their (draft) solution is ideally suited to TEE in the IoT,
 > my possibly biased opinion is that while it is an easy read, the result is relatively unaligned,
 > heavyweight and inflexible compared to the (not draft) GP TMF standard.

I guess my personal experiences in this field (https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/intel-destroyed-tpm-now-set-kill-nfc-anders-rundgren) have made me less convinced that standardization always is the right solution.

It seems that Charters and Processes are considered "Sacred" while Timely deliverables, Changes in the market, Available technology, Unexpected problems, New knowledge, and Competing solutions are largely *ignored*.

In addition, the fact that Google/Android have more than 80% market-share on mobile devices make standardization efforts outside of Google's territory from a practical point of view close to "pathetic" :-(

FWIW, I am (since ages back...), working with something "TEE-ish" as well. However, there are no plans to standardize anything at this stage.  This scheme is technically very different to GP.  The core will be presented at the next "Linaro Connect" in Budapest.

Cheers,
Anders