RE: Proposed use case on XML serializations of RDF

Of course those are potential work-arounds.  But they both defeat the
purpose of GRDDL.

a. If you assume that producers can just serve RDF versions of their XML
documents, then there obviously is no need for GRDDL.

b. If you assume that producers and consumers can have an out-of-band
agreement about how the GRDDL-aware agent should be configured, then
there is again no need for GRDDL, because that out-of-band agreement
could just as well have indicated the required transformation directly.

Proposed Use case #10 - Using GRDDL to indicate serializations of RDF:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-grddl-wg/2007Jun/att-0091/ser
ialization-use-case.html

Or: http://tinyurl.com/25u3cm

David Booth, Ph.D.
HP Software
+1 617 629 8881 office  |  dbooth@hp.com
http://www.hp.com/go/software

Opinions expressed herein are those of the author and do not represent
the official views of HP unless explicitly stated otherwise.