RE: Xinclude word-smithing

Actually, I think it is *important* to change explanation of the
XInclude test cases.  The test cases are supposed to be illustrating
conformant GRDDL-aware agent behavior.  But it is quite clear that there
are differences of opinion about whether the XInclude expansion is
licensed or not, and the TAG has not yet decided.  So as a WG, I do not
think we should try to take a position on what the correct (licensed)
behavior of XInclude should be.

If a GRDDL-aware agent changes all 5's to 7's (perhaps at the explicit
license of the user), the document publisher cannot possibly be
construed as having taken responsibility for the result as a Faithful
Rendition of the original.  Similarly, if we (as a WG) do not know
whether XInclude process is licensed by the XInclude standard, we must
not imply that the results obtained are correct.

I suggest deleting mention of Faithful Renditions, and adding something
like the following to both XInclude examples:
[[
At this time, <b>the GRDDL Working Group does not know whether this
output should be considered correct.</b>  The Working Group hopes that
resolution of the W3C TAG's issue xmlFunctions-34[1] will clarify this.
]]

1. issue xmlFunctions-34:
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/issues.html#xmlFunctions-34

David Booth, Ph.D.
HP Software
+1 617 629 8881 office  |  dbooth@hp.com
http://www.hp.com/go/software

Opinions expressed herein are those of the author and do not represent
the official views of HP unless explicitly stated otherwise.