Re: Source XHTML docs served as "text/html"

On 6/4/07, Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org> wrote:
> On Sat, 2007-06-02 at 14:18 +0200, Simone Onofri wrote:

> > > Of course. Why not?
> >
> > According to Dan, depending on XSLT parser it may have difficulties if
> > the XML source is not served as true XML.
>
> What difficulties?
>
> What is "true XML"?

On a PHP server I'm using Sablotron library parsing XSL and it have
some problems reading XML documents (...various reasons but most is
Sablotron itself...). So, for "true XML" I mean  XML sent with its
"true" [1] mime and well-formed. For example, I'm using it to render
this:

hCal --XSL(taken from You and Suda)--> vCal --XSL(little mine) -->
Timeline-XML --> Exhibit Timeline

So this works only of a few pages (starting from hCal in XHTML). Your
home page [2] is one that works [3] (double check if there are more
lag). So using an XSL to glean info from and XHTML is delicated (Tidy
can/may be the solution?).

> >  This works also for XHTML
> > 1.0 Strict documents served as text/html for compatibility. XHTML 1.0
> > Strict treated as XML is right for transforming and other typical XML
> > operations.
>
> Of course.

Thanks,

Simone