Re: Top 10 XML vocabularies?

On 06/07/07, Harry Halpin <hhalpin@ibiblio.org> wrote:

> The GRDDL PR Request was sent out and, crossing fingers, we should be in
> PR at sometime next week.

Great!

> Post-PR, I was thinking about ways to get GRDDL deployed more "in the
> wild" and it seems to me the easiest way might be to get the top 10 XML
> (or microformat, although that is more difficult due to use of profiles)
> vocabularies to adopt a GRDDL transformation at their namespace document.

Good idea.

> Could someone more familiar with what XML vocabularies are widely
> deployed (cc'ing Henry Thompson, but would appreciate any advice) and
> that have authors we might convince to add a GRDDL transformation?

Offhand some possibly easy-reach targets might be:

Docbook (anyone talked to Norm about this?);
OpenOffice XML (there's discussion about using RDFa and/or RDF/XML already);
- not sure what semantic material is commonly found in these, but I'd
be surprised if there wasn't some useful stuff

SOAPy Web Services stuff - choreography? policies? (SAWSDL being a precedent);
Grid stuff (various OASIS specs, things like WS-Resource Framework
should map fairly directly)

Think I'll blog, see what comes out of the woodwork...

Cheers,
Danny.

--

http://dannyayers.com