Re: Review of GRDDL Documents and Issues ("transformation" vs "transformer")

On Tue, 2006-09-26 at 17:12 -0400, Murray Maloney wrote:
[...]
>         TRANSFORMATION
>                 I think that this REL token should have been
> TRANSFORMER,
>                 or something that expresses that the target is in fact
> a processor.
>                 I think that TRANSFORMATION would have been or would
> be
>                 suitable to express that the target is already
> transformed and is
>                 cached.

That doesn't appeal to me.

In particular, in the XSLT specs, "transformation" refers to
the expression in XSLT of an algorithm for transforming
one bit of XML into (usually) another bit of XML. It doesn't
refer to the result. For example:

 glean-hcal.xsl is a transformation from hCalendar to RDF.

Actually, rel="transformation" uses "transformation" as
a relationship, not a class; so to use it in a natural
language sentence, it is a bit strained...

  myCalendar.html has transformation glean-hcal.xsl

It helps a little to use "data-view" as a prefix, a la:

  myCalendar.html has data-view:transformation glean-hcal.xsl

meaning

  To get a faithful rendition of the data in myCalendar.html
  as RDF, you may use glean-hcal.xsl

I'm not sure what you mean by "the target is a processor".
I'd say the target is an algorithm that is executed by a processor.