RE: Primer Review (sparql services)

On Wed, 2006-09-27 at 14:23 +0100, Ian Davis wrote:
> Thanks for another good review.
>
> Harry wrote:
> > I'd also *really really* like to have working sample
> > "example" files with data and links to engines like SPARQL
> > and GRDDL implementations which people can run "out of the
> > box", which we don't for much of this tutorial. IMHO that's
> > the main  distinction between the tutorial and the use-case
> > document, so let's do it. Anyone up for helping? However, I
> > won't block the release of this document as Working Draft
> > even though the examples need more work.
>
> Some of the HTML samples are linked in the document. I guess to go
> further and link to live services we have to make sure the relevant
> SPARQL and GRDDL services have to be at least as persistent as the
> primer document. Does the W3C have a public SPARQL server?

Sort of... it's not run by the W3C systems team,
but by Andy Seaborne, one of the editors, and by HP labs,
I think.
 http://sparql.org/sparql.html

I think that if you link to that with a suitable disclaimer
about it being available on an experimental, best-effort
basis, that should be good.

Say, Andy, that page isn't signed, and there are no terms
of service. Would you please add something about who runs
the service and such? For inspiration, see
  http://www.w3.org/2005/08/online_xslt/#conditions

If you do make links to results from that service,
for redundancy and fairness, Ian,
also give an alternative in a footnote/appendix...
  http://xmlarmyknife.org/docs/rdf/sparql/
and cite the community-maintained list of SPARQL demos...
  http://esw.w3.org/topic/DawgShows
and endpoints...
  http://esw.w3.org/topic/SparqlEndpoints

That xmlarmyknife is the one with a SPARQL service
that groks (some parts of) GRDDL, FYI.