Re: Result doc validity question

On Fri, 2006-09-22 at 23:10 +0200, Danny Ayers wrote:
> I just ran into a little issue with the code I'm working on: if the
> source doc doesn't contain any GRDDLable statements,
>
> http://www.w3.org/2003/12/rdf-in-xhtml-xslts/grokCC.xsl
>
> - produces no results, as in not XML. This trips up the subsequent
> RDF/XML parser. It's not actually a blank doc (with the implementation
> I'm using), it's got the <?xml... prolog.
>
> So there's the question of whether, assuming the target format is
> RDF/XML, the result should be valid RDF/XML whether or not anything
> was found. I dunno, it'd have saved me a few LOC. Thoughts?

One could say that the source document is outside the dialect
that grokCC is intended to be used with. i.e. the document
says "I'm a document in the grokCC dialect" when it's not.
So the bug is in the source document.

On the other hand, it's not much trouble to enhance grokCC.xsl
so that it works as you expected in more cases. So you
could consider this a bug in grokCC.xsl.