Re: Primer - early draft

On 05/09/2006 15:46, Dan Connolly wrote:
> Rather than...
>
> | To make this document processable by a GRDDL-aware client
>
> let's say
>
>   To explicitly relate the data in this document to the
>   RDF data model, ...
>
> or
>
>   To explicitly make the data in this document available
>   in the Semantic Web ...

Good suggestion. I'll rework the document in that style, although I'm
not sure I will have time to do that before the call this week.

> Then...
>
> | First she needs to add a profile attribute to the head element
> | to denote that her document contains GRDDL metadata.
>
> What the profile attribute does is ground the term transformation
> (as in rel="transformation") in URI space. I think it's better
> to introduce the link first, then ground the link relationship
> in URI space.

I think I follow that, but I'm not sure. What would happen in the case
of two profile URIs? Would the term transformation get two URIs?

> Also... I wonder if it's exemplary to include the .xsl in
>   <link rel="transformation"
> href="http://www.w3.org/2002/12/cal/glean-hcal.xsl"/>
>
> it's sort of more concrete and explicit, which is sometimes
> good in a primer. But I'd rather leave the .xsl off in this
> case.

Yes, I agree - it could be confusing in light of what we're saying about
which transformation languages should be supported

Ian