Re: hcalendar profile URI

On 9/1/06, Ian Davis <ian.davis@talis.com> wrote:

> So... I'm working on the primer and I'm creating my hCalendar example...
> but I can't find a profile URI for hCalendar!
>
> I found a link from the hCalendar spec to
> http://microformats.org/wiki/hcalendar-profile but that's an empty page
>
> Is there a profile URI?

Nope.

As I've tried to highlight a few times now, the current situation re.
profile URIs is an issue that impacts the microformat use cases. As
far as I'm aware, there aren't *any* microformats.org-endorsed
GRDDL-enhanced profiles.

At profile-uris [1] on the microformats Wiki it says:
[[
In hcalendar-issues, it is ACCEPTED that each microformat should have
a profile URI, like [the XFN profile (http://gmpg.org/xfn/11)].
]]

on hcalendar-issues [2] (7.) it says this is on Tantek's to-do list [3].

I think what we'll have to do is create profiles ourselves (like
DanC's for hCard profile and mine for hReview) and use their
(non-endorsed) URIs during development, while encouraging
microformats.org to mint profile URIs (or accept w3c minting). When
the latter's done, the former can be relocated (assuming the
microformats.org folks are willing to accept the GRDDL material, which
seems likely) and everyone's happy.

Cheers,
Danny.

[1] http://microformats.org/wiki/profile-uris