Re: GRDDL and transformations (take 2) [#issue-whichlangs]

On Tue, 29 Aug 2006, Danny Ayers wrote:

> In this same area, I'm not entirely comfortable with "The use of the
> XSLT document() function to incorporate other data at transformation
> time is an error", it seems very arbitrary, but unless anyone else
> raises it I'll defer.

The only thing that jumps out at me is perhaps the security issue with
opening up the XSLT processor beyond the source document - somewhat
analagous to firefox's restrictions on reading data across DNS domains.

It probably should give a more informative security error.

Apparently MSXML 6.0 disables the document function initially.

Chimezie Ogbuji
Lead Systems Analyst
Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery
Cleveland Clinic Foundation