Re: GRDDL and transformations (take 2) [#issue-whichlangs]

On Fri, 2006-08-25 at 03:12 +0100, Harry Halpin wrote:
[...]
> So, I'd say "A GRDDL implementation MUST support XSLT 1.0, and a GRDDL
> implementation MAY support other transformations."

I think "SHOULD support XSLT 1.0" is fine, but I'm not even
sure what it means to say "MUST"; for example, suppose I give
an XSLT transformation with an infinite loop. What is the
correct behaviour of a GRDDL implementation in that case?

Or suppose the GRDDL implementation is offered as a free service,
by, say W3C, and the XSLT transformation computes PI to the 2000th
decimal place, and W3C doesn't care to devote sufficient CPU
cycles to that task. Is our GRDDL implementation non-conforming?

Or suppose the GRDDL implementation is one that recognizes
a selected set of transformations by URI and uses a
local implementation in C++ (one that is known to be compatible
with the XSLT representations available on the Web) and refuses
to deal with other transformations as a matter of policy?

More on Javascript separately...

p.s. I'm trying out issue designators in Subject lines
with [#issue-whichlangs]. That's short for
http://www.w3.org/2004/01/rdxh/spec#issue-whichlangs
Let's see if the convention sticks...