Re: Question on data views: multiple profiles and multiple transformations.

On Wed, 2006-08-09 at 22:47 +0200, Fabien Gandon wrote:
> Hi,
> I am reading the GRDDL Data Views: Getting Started, Learning More [1]
> and after the sentence "Reference the GRDDL profile to make it clear
> what that transformation link type means" I wondered: what if a page is
> using several profiles and transformations?

Then all the profiles apply, and as an author, you'd better be
sure that you're happy with the implications.

> What I mean is if my pages uses both hDoap and DC and I write something
> like:

> <head profile="http://www.w3.org/2003/g/data-view"
> profile="http://purl.org/stuff/hdoap/profile" >

It's syntax error at the XML level to have 2 profile attributes;
instead, write:

<head profile="http://www.w3.org/2003/g/data-view

   http://purl.org/stuff/hdoap/profile" >

> <link rel="transformation"
> href="http://www.w3.org/2000/06/dc-extract/dc-extract.xsl" />
> <link rel="transformation"
> href="http://www.w3.org/2000/06/hdoap-extract/hdoap-extract.xsl" />
> …
> </head>
> …
>
> then we don't know which "profile" is associated to which "transformation".

Both profiles are associated with the whole document.

By the way... I think the link to hdoap-extract.xsl is redundant;
it's implied by the use of the hdoap profile.