Re: GRDDL and HTML5

On Aug 26, 2008, at 5:02 AM, Booth, David (HP Software - Boston) wrote:

>> From: Bijan Parsia
>> [ . . . ]
>> Encouraging people to dereference (or to
>> write software that dereferences) things like namespaces has turned
>> out not to be such a great idea and, arguably, isn't necessary or
>> helpful.
>
> I completely disagree.

Oi! Are you and Danny completely not paying attention? I didn't reply
to set up a debate but to correct a misimpression, to wit, that the
"RDF community" has consensus on the GRDDL design. So, all this other
stuff is just *irrelevant*.

>   Dereferencing things like namespaces may not be useful or helpful
> to *you*, but that does not mean it is not useful or helpful to
> others.

Esp. when it is of this low quality. I didn't say it was not useful
or helpful to *ME*, I said it was not, on balance, useful and helpful
to encourage people to do this, esp. systematically. Lack of utility
to me, or utility to *SOMEONE*, doesn't even start to refute this
point of view.

I suspect we should stop CCing Ian (or just stop).

Cheers,
Bijan.